Saturday, June 09, 2007

Analytics

With the new website I've just done, and the others I've been playing with, I've been looking for a nice tool to do reporting. I think in the past my web host had the Webalizer tool available for use, which was OK. But its not available any more, so you have to munge through raw access logs.

So I found Google Analytics, which is an online web analysis/reporting tool. You just add some script to the pages you want to monitor, and the data is available online for analysis using some very nice tools. So I've got all my websites in there now, and you can see on a world map where the visitors are coming from, how they got to the site and even map out a sequence of pages that you want them to follow and report on that. Pretty cool. And its free, of course.

Just another in the long list of Google tools I'm now using, I guess. >Brainwashed<

No comments: