Monday, February 11, 2008

Phone Stuff


Well I finally decided, and went out an bought my Nokia E61i today. Love the catch-phrase on the box "Enhanced solution; For an easier life" :-) I'll have an easier life for sure, thanks very much Nokia. Waited long enough for it to charge to capacity then got straight into figuring out what had changed, what was better & different than my old one. I have to say, its very nice. It even has a nice feel to it, in your palm. Positives so far then:
  • Keyboard - great tactile feel, like the @ and / buttons
  • Camera - takes OK pictures (in the limited tests I have performed so far - the one above was taken in low light), and sends easily via email.
  • Speed - seems pretty quick
  • Case - nice shiny metal :-)
  • Email client - so far no crashes reading emails
  • Memory card - 256MB in the box with lots of little apps installed
  • Contacts Button
Negatives:
  • I think the browser is the same :-(
So now I've got a phone with a Camera, I'm looking forward to all the photos & video I can take.

I heard some cool stuff on the TWiT podcast about the live broadcasting from QIK.com, so I've signed up for the alpha - hopefully they'll let me play. It sounds very cool, and quite pleased to see it supports my E61i (as well as the N95 8GB). Could be fun to use while I'm at the Motor Racing this weekend. The invite's going to come to my phone via SMS message, as you use your Mobile phone number to signup and confirm the request. With any luck they'll look kindly on a request from a tester in New Zealand. Could be a nice complement to the Results Blog.

No comments: